The person completing the programme will be able to apply sound food safety principles by identifying risk factors in food contamination and applying preventative measures to ensure product safety.
• Effective personal hygiene practices.
• Risk factors related to food safety.
• Basic principles of food safety.
• Food borne illnesses.
• Hygiene principles.
• Impact of food safety in trade.
• The purpose for the study of Food Safety.
• Names and terms particular to food safety practices.
• Procedures in place to ensure food safety.
• All relevant legislation related to food manufacture and food safety.
• The relationship between food, food safety and food production.