The skills, values and knowledge reflected in this unit standard are required by people in the field of manufacturing and engineering.
The learning outcomes in this unit standard also contribute to the exit level outcomes required for various NQF level 3 manufacturing and engineering qualifications.
Qualifying learners can apply relevant safety, health and environmental protection procedures in their place of work to maintain a safe and productive work area. They are able to explain safety, health and environmental objectives, standards and regulations at the workplace, perform safety inspections, and identify and report on unsafe conditions.
• Explain and discuss statutory rights, responsibilities and liability regarding safety
• Explain and discuss safety, health and environmental objectives, standards and regulations
• Perform safety and environmental inspections in work area
• Identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action
• Report on safety conditions in work area