Clothing Manufacturing Processes | Level 2
General Education and Training Certificate: Clothing Manufacturing Processes
This qualification is applicable to people within the clothing sector. Learners will be able to produce garments using a domestic lockstitch sewing machine. The purpose of the qualification is to build the competence of learners in the clothing sector at NQF Level 1 to address the following:
- The need for the learner to demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship and develop entrepreneurial qualities.
- The need for the learner to manage his/her personal finances, as well as demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting practices.
- The need for the learner to demonstrate an understanding of managerial expertise and administrative capabilities.
- The need for learners to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of supply and demand, and the concept production.
- The need for the learner to perform basic life support and / or first aid procedures in emergencies, and assist community members to access services in accordance with their health related human rights.
- The need for the learner to comply with quality procedures and practices when finishing and storing pressed and ironed items.
- The need for the learner to demonstrate an understanding of how to participate effectively in the workplace.
- The need for the learner to research market trends and determine customer needs and in so doing successfully negotiate price and delivery requirements with customers.
- The need for the learner to identify component parts of a product and in so doing calculate the quantities and cost of various component parts as per customer requirements.
- The need for the learner to determine the appropriate material requirements and in so doing identify a range of suppliers from which to select an buy materials.
- The need for the learner to complete a minimum of two different garments or home textiles using a lockstitch sewing machine and in so doing cut, sew, finish and inspect the completed garments.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
Learner is required to have a minimum Grade 10. Must able to speak and write in English.
Course Fee: R12550.00
Enquire at Eskilz College for pricing structure
The structure of the CTFL sector is described in terms of relevant legislation.
Key stakeholders in a specific industry or organisation within the CTFL Sector are identified and their roles described in terms of their relationship with the industry.
Key legislation (acts) and regulations applicable within the industry and sector are identified and their purpose is described in relation to the requirements of the specific act.
Career opportunities within the industry are identified in line with the requirements of the specific industry.
The pipeline in the specific manufacturing facility is described as related to the output requirements of the facility.
The difference between productivity and production is explained in terms of industry norms.
Utilisation of resources, and efficiency concepts relating to materials, machinery and labour employed in a manufacturing process are identified and explained in terms of standard operating procedures.
Production targets are explained in relation to time, quality and output in the workplace.
All forms of wastage are identified and recorded in a production area.
Idle or downtime, output deficiencies and product non-conformances are identified and recorded in a production area.
Key/primary raw materials are identified for use in the manufacture of company specific processed (end) products.
A range of material identification methods, codes, labels and markings is used in relation to workplace requirements.
Storage methods and facilities for raw and processed materials are identified and described in terms of company policies and procedures.
Quality standards, methods, procedures are identified and described in the context of company and customer specifications.
Causes of faults are identified and appropriate recommended corrective action is implemented in line with company policies and procedures.
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate.
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 18 Months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes