Furniture Making | Level 2
National Certificate : Furniture Making Level 2
This qualification will equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and values to participate effectively in workplace activities within the Clothing, Textile, Footwear and Leather (CTFL) manufacturing industries. Learners achieving this qualification will be able to contribute to CTFL manufacturing processes.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full time
Learner is required to have a minimum Grade 10 Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fee.
Course Fee: R13000.00
1. Specification, tools, equipment, machinery and materials are checked and any problems are dealt with or reported to the appropriate authority.
2. All processes are performed according to Health & Safety legislation and organisational requirements.
3. All machinery and equipment is used safely and appropriately, in line with all organisational standards for quality, production and safety.
4. Work area, tools, equipment and materials are prepared according to requirements of drawings and specifications, the work area is kept clean, tidy and safe, and all organisational housekeeping procedures are correctly observed.
5. All processes are carried out as per organisational and international standards and requirements and within the specified time.
Formative assessments conducted during the learning process will consist primarily of demonstrations, with some written tests and a number of self-assessments. The purpose of formative assessment is to diagnose learner strengths and weaknesses and to determine readiness for summative assessment.
Summative assessment would consist of written tests and accompanying assignments, case studies and practical demonstrations. Summative assessments would only be conducted once the learner has indicated that he/she is ready to undergo summative assessment.
Before qualifying, learners will be expected to demonstrate competence in a practical situation that integrates the assessment of all specific outcomes, for all unit standards.
Integrated assessment provides learners with an opportunity to display an ability to integrate practical performance, actions, concepts and theory across unit standards to achieve competence in relation to the purpose of this qualification.
In particular assessors should check that the learner is able to demonstrate the ability to consider a range of options and make decisions about:
The quality of the observed practical performance as well as the theory and underpinning knowledge behind it.
The different methods that can be used by the learner to display thinking and decision making in the demonstration of practical performance.
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Monitoring the manufacturing/production process and the quality of production.
- Understanding their role in the business, i.e. in production and related activities.
- Understanding how they are affected by legislation, regulations, agreements and policies related to their particular work environment.
- Perform simple to complex manufacturing / production operations as stipulated.