The purpose of the programme is to create an awareness of the potential dangers in the workplace and the need to apply the appropriate health and safety practices in a poultry production facility.
• Understand the relevant sections of the health and safety act that affect workers in a poultry production facility / farm.
• Understand the employer’s responsibilities to ensure a safe workplace and a healthy environment for workers.
• Describe the duties and responsibilities of employees to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
• Respond to a safety emergency in the correct manner.
• Understand the role that good housekeeping plays in providing a safe working environment.