This qualification will equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and values to participate effectively in workplace activities within the Clothing, Textile, Footwear and Leather (CTFL) manufacturing industries. Learners achieving this qualification will be able to contribute to CTFL manufacturing processes by:
- Monitoring the manufacturing/production process and the quality of production.
- Understanding their role in the business, i.e. in production and related activities.
- Understanding how they are affected by legislation, regulations, agreements and policies related to their particular work environment.
- Perform simple to complex manufacturing / production operations as stipulated. Qualifying learners will also be able to relate what they see and experience to scientific and technological principles and concepts. They will also understand how they should operate within the systems which govern their workplace. What learners achieve through this qualification will also serve as a basis for further learning where they will engage more directly in the production process. The skills, knowledge and values demonstrated within this qualification will ensure that workers and new entrants will acquire relevant skills and knowledge required by a fast-changing sector essential for economic growth within the CTFL manufacturing environment by allowing learners who are active in the industry to gain recognition for the skills and knowledge they have acquired without having to go through a formal apprenticeship process. Small CTFL manufacturing enterprises would also be ideal vehicles for Black Economic Empowerment. Rationale:The National Certificate in CTFL Manufacturing Processes: NQF Level 2 is designed to meet the needs of learners who are involved in manufacturing processes in the clothing, footwear and leather industry in South Africa. This qualification replaces a number of legacy qualifications for the various sectors, thus resulting in a re-conceptualised generic manufacturing qualification incorporating new skills and knowledge for the various manufacturing processes.
This qualification provides the learner with accessibility and a developmental pathway to be employed for the full range related to manufacturing processes and provides the flexibility in that learners accessing this qualification may move into the already registered level 3,4 and 5 qualifications in CTFL Mechanician Processes.
Further career development after NQF Level 5 would be based on choices relating to the learner’s aspirations:
- Entrepreneurial activities (starting own business).
- General or technical management.
- Quality management.
- Conceptual design of manufactured clothing, textile, footwear and leather products.
- Advanced technology.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME
- Full time
The learner is required to have a minimum of Grade 10. Must able to speak and write in English.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Course Fee: R12550
On successful completion of course, the learner will receive a certificate
The information provided may vary or change at the discretion of Eskilz College. Eskilz College will formally notify learners of any changes or variations.