The purpose of this qualification is to provide a foundation for a variety of design-orientated fields, in that the learner gains competencies in the generic processes of various design specialisations.
The qualification formalises sets of competencies and combinations of systems to help to accumulate expertise in this area of learning. Experiential knowledge is an important aspect of this qualification, as its application reaches across different fields, assisting in accelerating the learning of people who may have previously been denied opportunities in formal training or employment. An important part of achieving this qualification is for the learner to explore and experiment.
If lessons can be learned, documented and applied, a contribution will be made to building the discipline of design, as well as an integrated national framework for learning achievements, which is one of the primary objectives of the NQF.
Learners credited with this qualification are capable of:
· Reflecting on own and other’s work in context.
- Using mathematics in practical application.
- Read and interpret visual images.
- Developing themselves in a design career.
- Producing a range of design works.
- Exploring and communicating with a variety of mediums, media, processes and techniques.
Qualifying learners are also capable of:
- Using new media technology OR.
- Developing designs for marketable craft product ranges OR.
- Designing aspects for performance OR.
- Working in a business environment.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME:
- Full time
The learner is required to have a minimum of Grade 12.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Qualification Fee: R15850
On successful completion of qualification, the learner will receive a certificate