Competent qualifying learners in this qualification will oversee the production of quality agricultural products whereby enhancing the overall agricultural process and gain opportunities to access local, national and international agricultural markets.
This qualification provides learners the opportunity to gain a qualification in Plant Production. The range of typical learners that will enter this qualification will vary and includes:
- Farm operators who wish to progress to the level of supervisor within farming operations in Plant Production;
- Farm owners, in possession of an equivalent qualification at NQF 2;
- Learners in possession of different levels of practical experience in farming operations, which will be assessed and RPL’ed;
- Possible candidates for promotion identified by the community as leaders.
- Learners may come from both genders.The learner will engage in supervision and operational activities relevant to Plant Production.
Requests and expressions of need for this qualification, coming from the broad, but also specific farming communities (Plant Production) forms the basis for the development of this qualification.
Areas of specialisation of the qualification in Plant Production include but are not limited to:
- Organic production,
- Hydroponic production,
- Perma-culture production,
- Natural resources harvesting.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME:
- Full time
The learner is required to have a minimum of Grade 12.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Qualification Fee: R13150
On successful completion of qualification, the learner will receive a certificate