The qualification provides learners with the opportunity to gain competence in poultry production and will facilitate their securing employment in the industry. For those who are already employed in a poultry production farm, the multi-skilling that the qualification offers will open up a career path in the industry.
A learner achieving this qualification will be able to work effectively and productively within the poultry production industry and will gain competency to:
- Adjust and maintain the poultry house environmental control equipment.
- Feed, rear and ensure primary care of poultry.
- Apply poultry bio-security on a production facility/farm.
- Perform poultry health care, including medication and vaccination.
- Operate and maintain poultry drinkers and drinking systems.
- Operate and maintain poultry feeders and feeding systems. The generic nature of the qualification will facilitate multi-skilling, which in turn, will have a positive impact on the efficiency and productivity of the production farms. The upskilling of the learners at this level will have a positive impact on the efficiency and profitability of a production farm.Rationale:
The qualification addresses the urgent need for the adoption of nationally accepted standards for the industry, especially within the SMME sector. This will allow them to operate on a more professional basis. The observance of strict health, hygiene and bio-security principles will minimize the risks that these role players currently face. This qualification and the resultant skills that are learnt will make a positive contribution to the establishment of small farms in the rural areas that can serve their communities and distant markets. The qualification embodies the international requirements for poultry handling and care which will ensure that poultry of a high quality will be produced.
TYPE OF PROGRAMME:
- Full time
The learner is required to have a minimum of Grade 12.
All learning material included in tuition fees.
Qualification Fee: R13720
On successful completion of qualification, the learner will receive a certificate